Buying an Investment Property in Destin, FL
Is Destin, Florida a smart location to buy an investment property?
Yes! Not only does a Destin condo or house provide you and your family a place to escape to the beach but the long-term growth of Destin real estate has historically brought owners great returns on their investment.
Whether you’re looking to retire to the beach one day or just want to see some return on investment, Destin Florida should be on your radar.
Why Choose Destin?
- Location, location, location. You’ve heard it before, but Destin’s emerald, green waters and iconic white sand bring in tourism. As primarily a driving destination, people from northern states flock to the area to escape the cold without the added expense of a flight because its not quite as far as Miami or Mickey.
- Return on Investment: With over 5,000 properties on Airbnb and VRBO, and average nightly rate of $282, you would think there would be plenty of openings – think again! Destin is having less and less of an “off-season,” bringing in guests year-round… making it easy to see a return of investment on your property.
- The Beach Life! 30 years ago, Destin was just a pretty beach, but now there is so much more to experience. Top notch dining, shopping, events, and things to do make Destin not only an ideal place to live, but vacation also.
How to Buy an investment property in Destin:
- Zillow won’t cut it. With the high demand, many properties are sold before they hit the market. You need a real estate agent. A real estate agent will guide you on the realistic details on what it means to have an investment property here.
- Rental projections are key! North or south of 98, condo or home, pool or clubhouse. All these factors can have a dramatic effect on what a property will rent for. Make sure you trust your real estate agent to tell you what property is best for your goals.
That's where I can help!
Hi, I'm Erin Rodgers. My husband and I have lived in Destin for over 15 years and love everything about it. If you're interested in having a beach home or investment property in Destin, or just have a question- call, text, or email me anytime and we'll find the perfect property for you!
Email: [email protected]
Published by Erin Rodgers
Friday, December 3, 2021